The Sow & Grow Seed Library & Exchange is a partnership between the Lubbock Master Gardeners and the Lubbock Public Library. The first seed library opened in 2019 at the downtown Mahon library location. Since then, three more seed libraries have opened at Groves, Patterson, and Godeke public library locations.
Watch the video below for more information about the Sow & Grow Seed Libraries.
- Mahon: 1306 9th st
- Groves: 5520 19th st
- Patterson: 1836 Parkway Dr
- Godeke (coming soon): 5034 Frankford Ave
HOW TO USE THE SEED LIBRARIES
- Who can take seeds?
- A library card is NOT required to take seeds
- How many seeds to take?
- Please only take 3 (three) seed packets per visit
- Seed banks are restocked monthly, so check back often to discover new donations
- Where can I learn more about seeds?
- Each seed library has printed materials to help answer garden and seed related questions
- Click on the resources tab on this website to find seed starting help
- Read the seed label and/or visit the seed manufacture’s website for plant specific information
- Click here for more information about seed saving
DONATE TO THE SEED LIBRARIES
- Can seeds be donated?
- Yes! Anyone can donate seeds
- Commercial/Retail seed packets are accepted
- Home grown & Locally harvest seeds are accepted and encouraged!
- Please make sure all donated seeds are clearly labeled with as much information as possible
- Seed donations can be dropped in any of the seed donation boxes at the libraries.
- Seeds do not have to be individually packed in envelopes. Master Gardener Volunteers sort and label bulk seed donations.
- Can monetary donations be made?
- Yes! Monetary donations help pay for seed envelopes and labels for locally harvest seed donations
- Donating is easy! Click here to make a donation today.
- Have a passion for serving?
- Consider becoming a Lubbock Master Gardener. Learn more HERE.